United States of America - Texas, San AntonioJob Summary
AECOM is seeking a water resources engineer to expand our San Antonio TX based team. The AECOM Water Resources practice offers a developing engineer unparalleled opportunity to work on the most dynamic projects in the industry while allowing for a diverse workload that develops the most versatile engineering career.
Our Water Resources practice participates in nationally significant flood risk analysis, large-scale resilience planning with an emphasis on the coast and coastal restoration design, and the most technically challenging drainage and infrastructure projects. The position includes opportunities to move into project management and supervisor roles.
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with moderate supervision.
- BA/BS + 2 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Engineering in Training (EIT)
- Knowledge of water modeling (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, XPSWMM, GIS and CAD software)
- Master's degree in Civil, Environmental, Coastal, Water Resources Management or Geotechnical Engineering or related field
- Experience of Flood Risk, Drainage, Coastal, Dept of Transportation, TXDOT, FEMA and/or Federal
- Knowledge of water quality modeling and water quantity modeling (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, XPSWMM, Mike Urban, HydroCAD, GIS and CAD software)
NOTE: This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Posting ID: 552781840Posted: 2020-05-21