United States of America - Michigan, AngelaJob Summary
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Electrical Engineer for immediate employment for the Grand Rapids or Detroit, MI office.
This position is part of the Midwest B+P Engineering Team and will report to the Electrical Engineering Manager located in the Grand Rapids Office.
- Develop electrical scope and pricing for various projects
- Strong understanding of electrical distribution, lighting, fire alarm and low voltage systems.
- Ability to develop and vet potential solutions at the SD level, with an eye to growing it through the end of the construction document phase working with a full service multi discipline team. T
- Understanding of typical building design codes such as the NEC with local amendments.
- Ability to provide in house and third party reviews of specifications and design documents.
- Ability to developing/designing solutions for a variety of technical problems of moderate to extreme scope and complexity across the electrical engineering discipline
- Senior technical resource may serve as technical advisor for team
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high quality cost effective work by others.
- Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
- Uses expertise in all steps of completing discipline component of PS&E package.
- Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
- Prepares technical specification sections.
- Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field plus 6 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Previous experience participating and/or leading electrical design teams
- Revit, Autocad, AGI, Elumtools working experience
- Michigan PE or ability to obtain Michigan PE
- Familiarity with design build delivery / other alternate delivery methods, and various market sectors such as commercial, wastewater, DoD/Federal, higher education and /or healthcare
What We Offer
- Relocation benefits are available
- This position is not eligible for US Work Authorization Sponsorship
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - Electrical / ElectronicBusiness Line
Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Detroit, MI - 2550 Grand Blvd, US - Southfield, MI - 27777 Franklin RoadClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.