United States of America - Florida, TampaJob Summary
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Electrical Engineer II for immediate employment in either Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville or Coral Gables Fl. AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of a Sr. Electrical Engineer, the successful candidate will perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks. Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Create 3D models of electrical installations in Revit.
- Create 2D and 3D Drawings using AutoCAD.
- Create electrical models in SKM to calculate arcflash, fault currents and voltage drop.
- Interpret and implement client standards into code complainant designs
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions to formulate a fully coordinated scope of work within code compliant electrical designs
- Exercise engineering judgment while developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Prepare engineering related calculations, develop drawings and specifications under the supervision of a Sr. Electrical Engineer.
- Assist with the electrical design of medium and low voltage power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, lightning protection, security, and other low voltage systems for Federal, industrial, aviation, high rise, wastewater and attractions facilities.
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior level team member
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years of consulting engineering experience,
- Revit and AutoCAD experience.
- Willingness to learn Electrical design and the preparation of design and construction documents
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to travel, potentially 15%-20% of the time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Examples include Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be a United States Citizen
What We Offer
- Successfully completed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE).
- Experience in Federal, industrial, aviation, facilities, high rise, wastewater or attractions design.
- Competent in all conventional aspects of Electrical engineering and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard Electrical engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Knowledge of and experience with Department of Defense requirements including Unified Facilities Criteria UFC.
- Knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (examples include software such as AGI, SKM, MS Office and AutoCAD)
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - Electrical / ElectronicBusiness Line
Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Coral Gables, FL, US - Jacksonville, FL - 4168 Southpoint Parkway, US - Orlando, FL - 150 N Orange AveClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.