CACI is currently looking for Applications Developers with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial. Responsibilities:
Serves as an Agile Scrum team member providing software development and maintenance services for the delivery of releasable software. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects. Basic responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight.
- Acts as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
- Provide significant improvements to the product(s) being supported
- Active participation in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases.
- Support release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines.
- Analyzing complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
- Provide input on best practices and procedures
- Developing new and refining existing process to enhance quality and productivity
- Provide mentoring to junior members of the team
You are good at:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but is not limited to:
- 3 year check for felony convictions
- 1 year check for illegal drug use
- 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Professional Experience: at least seven (7) years related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation in a Windows Environment
Bonus would be having:
- Experience with object oriented design and development (OODD), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Ability to communicate OODD and SOA principles and best practices
- Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Acts independently to expose and resolve problems
- Experience with continuous integration tools and environments.
- Experience with source code control systems and concurrent development workflows (Git preferred)
- Experience using SQL or PL/SQL to access Oracle, MySQL, or SQL Server databases
- Experience developing applications utilizing .NET version 4.5 software framework (or strong experience with competing frameworks)
- Experience with data base design and stored SQL procedures
- Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts
- Ability to identify and manage risk
- Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of software engineering tools to support process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and a self-starter
- Certifications such as CSM, or CSD
- DOD 8570 certification
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Direct experience providing production support for Oracle databases; experience with Oracle tools
- Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: HTML, Angular.js, VMware, information exchanges (ETL, ESB), message queuing, application security, automated testing, UML, or Sparx Enterprise Architect.
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Posting ID: 552781945Posted: 2020-05-21