CACI is seeking a highly skilled engineer to provide outstanding service to customers in the Atlanta area. The individual must possess expertise to support implementation, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of agency networks. The successful engineer will study and recommend products to determine those which best meet the network requirements. The engineer will also manage network performance and maintain network security. Additional responsibilities will include installing network software; providing production support of the network, including: security, day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for the entire client networks during assigned work hours; and providing second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. As a senior member of the network team, the engineer will establish and implement network policies, procedures, and standards and ensure their conformance with information systems and organizational objectives. The engineer will train users and staff on network operations, support the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers and support the dispatch of circuit and hardware vendors involved in the resolution process. The engineer will be part of an "On Call" rotation supporting Network Services 24hrs per day 365 days per year including holidays. Required Qualifications:
• Must have a current CCNP or CCNA certification.
• 4+ years' experiencing high-level technical support to other technical support staff such as Network Technicians, Level 1 and Level 2 technical support including International locations as it relates to Networking Services.
• 4+ years' experiencing installing, maintain, and update all facilities for critical systems as systems and technologies change.
• 4+ years' experiencing coordinating with other third-party maintenance vendors to provide technical support to resolve issues relating to the Network Services.
• 4+ years' experiencing with basis research, recommend and implement state of the art technologies related to Network Services and security solutions to enhance IT environment.
• 3+ years' experiencing basis evaluate and coordinate with security requirements for Internet/Extranet Network Services.
• 3+ years' experiencing installing, test, optimize and document LAN/WAN data networking environment.
• 4+ years' experiencing basis research and implement system modifications and upgrades on all Data Network equipment and service platforms.
• 2+ years Aruba Wireless experience helpful. Equivalent CISCO wireless experience is acceptable.
• Skills needed to work effectively in a team environment, promote customer service and handle complex technical issues.
• Must be able to obtain a NACI clearance Desired Qualifications
• Require direct interaction with customers, excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are required. Must be reliable and able to work independently.
• 3+ years' experience performing incident response actions related to audit findings and adhere to the Data Network Services Incident Response Plan.
• 3+ years' experience performing software installs and upgrades (service packs, hot fixes, etc.) in accordance with standard requirements.
• 3+ years' experience troubleshooting and remediate network infrastructure problems.
• 3+ years' experience supporting multicast technology, WAN/MAN/LAN routers and switches, Web Filtering and caching technologies, Web Caching (currently Akamai), CISCO ACS, firewall security components, TCP/IPv4, TCP/IPv6, Wireless, VPN, and Load balancing services.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills (oral and written) What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.