United States of America - Virginia, FairfaxJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking an experienced, creative, highly talented Control Room Traffic Monitoring Operators across Virginia. These positions will be a direct report to the TOC Shift Supervisor and AECOM management Team with direct communications with floor staff.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Utilization of various Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) equipment, such as Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Changeable Message Signs (CMS), and Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) system
- Real-time assessment of all incoming traffic data and prioritization of content and traffic reporting needs
- Dispatch of maintenance and SSP personnel
- Multi-agency and public communications via various channels
- Verification and monitor of unplanned incidents, construction, special events and any other issue impacting traffic flow and/or motorist safety
- Completion of operational checklists as applicable
- Review and posting traveler information via CMS and/or media outlets
- Adherence to training protocols and maintain up-to-date certifications
- Provide real-time status of on-going control room activities
- Maintain work orders for ITS equipment and log status updates
- Attend training and staffing meetings as requested
- Other ad-hoc initiatives as assigned by the Project Management Team
- Works under direct supervision performing routine and repetitive duties.
- On-the-job training is received in an area of technical specialty.
- Monitoring the roadways, including detecting, confirming, updating, and responding to scheduled and unscheduled traffic events and congestion with ITS devices such as closed circuit TV, detectors, etc.
- Act like an emergency dispatcher within a call center environment dispatching Road Rangers via a two-way radio system to assist motorists, respond to events and other activities that require timely and efficient responses.
- Other duties assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass a State and Federal criminal history/security background check; must also successfully complete Virginia Department of Transportation fingerprint -based criminal History Records Check ( CHRC)
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and successfully participate in the program's mandatory random drug screening process
- Physically able, with or without an accommodation, to work in an office environment. Position requires frequent keyboard/mouse operations, performing repetitive fine hand movements, and sitting for long periods of time; rarely standing/walking. Position will include wearing a dispatch headset, viewing CCTV camera displays, and listening to law enforcement radio broadcasts
What We Offer
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong, accurate data entry skills
- Ability to work in a team environment under stressful conditions
- Must be able to work in a Control Room work environment
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast paced environment requiring high level of multi-tasking
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple, diverse and simultaneous inputs
- Ability to work calmly and accurately under intense pressure
- Ability to work alternate work schedules and on-call duties at a 24/7/365 operation center; Schedules are dictated by need of operation and stated in advance. Schedules will vary.
- Basic skill proficiency in the use of Windows based applications including Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of two-way communication systems; radio and telecommunications experience
- Geographic familiarity with regional freeway system and arterial roads
- Associate's degree in Civil Engineering, transportation related field or a combination of education and practical experience in a similar field
- TOMC operator certifications for levels 1 and 2 preferred.
- Knowledge of incident management response techniques and municipality and area traffic management organizations
- Emergency Operations Center knowledge and/or experience
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Transportation Operations Management / Traffic MonitoringBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Posting ID: 552781954Posted: 2020-05-21