United States of America - California, SacramentoJob Summary
AECOM is seeking an Engineering Intern to be based in Sacramento, CA.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
This position is expected to begin in May to August.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks
- Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids
- Perform geotechnical analyses including slope stability, seepage, settlement, shallow and deep foundations, retaining walls, and seismic
- Conduct field exploration, collect samples, analyze data and review geotechnical samples for laboratory testing
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
Preferred QualificationsWhat We Offer
- Candidates must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical engineering with the intent to continue attendance following the internship.
- Must have completed two year of study in applicable program
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Vacation Student / Internship / GraduateBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Intern / StudentRequisition/Vacancy No.
US - Oakland, CA - 300 Lakeside DriveClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.