To undertake such a huge task, we need motivated people who want to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking a Permit Specialist that will be a solid contributor within Vivint Solar. As a Permit Specialist, you will be delivering and picking up building permits from municipalities as well as general office duties. In this role, you will report directly to an Office Administrator within the Field Operations group.
- Run reports to ensure that all available permits are in the appropriate status and step in the approval process
- Compile permit packet with correct information for each city
- Drive personal vehicle to cities in assigned territories to drop off and pick up building permits
- Communicate with City Officials to obtain permit approvals
- Communicate with internal Vivint Solar departments in regards to account status and approvals
- Scan received permits and update the account information in Salesforce and Google Docs
- File paperwork
- Maintain current information on permitting requirements within assigned territories
- General customer support as needed
- Perform other general clerical duties as directed by office management
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to web based programs and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to keep a positive attitude
- 1 to 2 years of experience working in a fast paced administrative environment
- Experience providing exceptional customer service
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.