Manager of Computer Repair is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Duke University Stores' Computer Repair department.In addition to supervisory duties, the Computer Repair Manager is also responsible for performing troubleshooting and repair of computers, printers, and other technology products.The ideal candidate is a positive, supportive, team-focused, and solution-focused manager with excellent organizational and communication skills, excellent problem-solving skills, and strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Set direction and effectively manage the delivery of quality repair and customer service in a timely and efficient manner.Responsible for the quality, production, and financial viability of the Computer Repair department .
- Manage the budget, revenues, and expenses for the department. Serve as the main point of contact for customer questions, concerns, and special service requests (includes providing labor/parts quotes, technical research for identifying solutions, etc.) Communicate with individuals at all levels of the University with tact and cordiality, handling issues with poise and professionalism.
- Manage the performance of all Computer Repair employees including coaching, development, and performance reviews.Manage personnel actions for staff, including but not limited to time off, work schedules, disciplinary actions, and staff recognition.
- Oversee field service calls and coordination.Oversee all aspects of the repair process to ensure timely completion of repair work.Provide technical guidance and direction to staff. Recommend training classes for technicians as needed.Ensure all staff maintain required certifications.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks in the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of computers.Provide information and/or technical assistance to users concerning the development and maintenance of computers or for resolutionof special problems.
- Identify and recommend new repair capabilities and other potential repair related income streams for the department,
- Maintain accurate and current records for repair, installation and removal of equipment, provide appropriate logging and tracking.Recommend improvements to operating procedures. Manage the repair parts inventory (includes ordering, receiving, distribution, pricing etc.)
2 year technical degree, or equivalent military training is required.Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred. EXPERIENCE
Six years of demonstrated successful troubleshooting and computer repair experience, including three years in a team lead, technical lead or management role. ADDITIONAL SKILLS
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills; ability to exercise diplomacy, tact, and good judg ment in interacting with a wide range of people at varying levels at Duk e University, as well as with those outside of the University.
- A+, Apple, Lenovo, and Dell certifications are a plus.
- Experience using Filemaker Pro and Microsoft Excel are a plus.
- Ability to analyze and manage a budget (labor, expenses, revenues)
- Quick learner with demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending, crouching, stooping.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department. Nearest Major Market:
Durham Nearest Secondary Market: