19-83 Camp O'Fun Counselors 2020 JobID: 2873 Position Type:
Hourly/Camp O`FunDate Posted:
Kerby Elementary School Closing Date:
Grosse Pointe Public Schools
Additional Information: Show/Hide Job Summary:
- Ability to assist with recreational activities such as swimming, sports, music, drama, science, cooking, etc.
- Ability to lead an activity session. Please specify your area(s) of interest/ability in your application.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Must be reliable, flexible and able to meet the demands of a summer day camp program.
- Interact with children in a positive manner while supporting their development.
- Promote feelings of trust and security.
- Follows all rules and regulations established with the Bureau of Children and Adult Licensing of the Michigan Department of Human Services.
- Assists other staff with cleaning and sanitizing responsibilities.
- Other responsibilities as requested.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. One year of college preferred.
- Must meet minimum State Licensing Requirements.
- FIA clearance, Livescan fingerprints, signed child abuse form and TB test on file at main office.
- CPR and First Aid Training (completed on site)
- Experience with children grades K-5, preferred
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to adequately carry out all above mentioned job responsibilities.
- Work compatibly with Program Director, Camp Director, and co-workers.
- Be punctual and in attendance daily.
- Ability to stand and walk over 75% of the work day in order to supervise children throughout daily activities, walk throughout the school, participate in gym and playground activities.
- All staff are required to be outside daily with campers.
- Must have the physical stamina to care for energetic young children.
$10.00/Hour; June 16-August 21; 7:15 a.m.- 6:15 p.m.: 6 hour shifts, 5 days/weekApplication Procedure:
Applicants interested in the above position should fill out the on-line application, attach resume and college transcripts. Direct inquiries to Crystal Fletcher, Coordinator of Child Care Programs, 313-432-3009 FletchC@gpschools.org Selection Procedure:
The successful candidate must meet the State standard for a clear criminal history and provide mandated fingerprint clearance. Position will remain open until filled.
Posting ID: 552782309Posted: 2020-06-04