Elementary Curriculum Developer - Remote JobID: 3291 Position Type:
Elementary School TeachingDate Posted:
ASAP Closing Date:
Widening Advancements for Youth - website
Additional Information: Show/Hide
Welcome to an educational experience tht encourages collaboration, achieving excellence, and a clear path to college and careers. Welcome to a place where every student is provided with a personalized, project based, student-centered learning experience and online environment with 24/7 live access to educators.
We provide young people with a world-class education so that he/she is prepared with the tools for success in life after graduating with a high school diploma.
As we continue to grow in size and impact, we are always looking for great people to join our team and mission. We are currently looking for highly qualified Elementary teachers to create curriculum.
Purpose of Job:
Curriculum developers will work in collaboration with the Director of Elementary Curriculum and other developers to create, revise and implement elementary curriculum in an online project basedm standards based learning platform.
Planning and Preparation for Learning:
- Design projects based on current national standards that tie into specific learning objectives.
- Collaborate with other developers and curriculum director to design online projects/lessons appropriate for elementary grades K-5.
- Knows the subject matter well and has a good grasp of online child development and how students learn online.
- Designs dynamic projects that are relevant, motivating, and likely to engae students in active online learning.
- Scaffolds projects to break down complex tasks and target diverse learning needs, styles, and interests.
- Revise projects currently in progress.
- Revise/review curriculum.
- Plan and create teacher resources for alternate assignements, extenstions and modifications for classroom teachers/learning coaches.
Valid Teaching Certification required
Bachelor in Elementary Education required
2-3 years Elementary Teaching required
Masters in Curriculum preferred
Part Time - $100-$125/Day
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
W-A-Y is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No W-A-Y employee will discriminate unlawfully against an applicant for employment or fellow employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability which is unrelated to the person's ability to do the job, or any other unlawful criteria.
"The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed, controlled substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment."