POSITION SUMMARY: The Bookkeeper AP must be familiar with company policies and procedures related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, imprest accounts and resident trust accounts. The Bookkeeper processes Center information and sends it to Corporate in a timely manner. He/She interfaces with the Administrator, Business Office Manager, Regional Business Office Coordinator, and any corporate support personnel.
The position of Medicaid Specialist provides assistance with the coordination of financial benefits available to the residents in out Caring Communities. The postion must function as both a team member and leader to ensure that work is accomplished and quality service is delivered, supporting team members and leading the way in celebrating team successes. While focusing on delivering quality service, the position must also manage the resources within their control and assist others in managing resources.
-Responsibilites of the Medicaid Specialist positon include:
-Assist the facility with generating finanical date from the resident, family, and responsible party.
-Review verifications and determine if qualifications for benefits have been met.
-Complete and submit applicaitons to state Medicaid programs.
-When appropriate become the authorized representative when applying for benefits.
-Maintain proper documentation to support effots with all aplications submitted.
-Escalate difficult care to management timely.
-File appeals with the appropriate agency when necessary.
-Builld working relationships with local agency which produced the Level of Care/Pasarr Screen and local agency which determined Medicaid Eligibility.
-Attend all Medicaid Pending Meetings for assigned facilities.
1. Assists with accounts payable processes in accordance with policies and procedures;
2. Assists with imprest account processes in accordance with policies and procedures;
3. Assists with resident trust account processes in accordance with policies and procedures;
4. Processes information according to predetermined deadlines;
5. Assists with Accounts Payable in accordance with policies and procedures;
6. Puts customer service first: Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
7. Assists with patient programs as requested.
8. Performs other duties as requested.
The following responsibilities apply in locations where the bookkeeper is directly involved in the payroll/benefits function of the center. Please verify with your supervisor if these responsibilities are included in your role.
1. Acts as Benefits Designee (if no HR Manager).
2. Processes payroll in accordance with policies and procedures.
3. Processes and maintains all personnel records and files.
4. Processes all payroll and personnel reports.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. High school degree or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) years experience in business office procedures.2. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 337720
Center Name: Spa Creek Center
Posting ID: 552782521Posted: 2020-05-21