Job Description Status: Full Time Facility: Adminstrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Provides facility planning, programming, planning, drafting, and specification writing support to minimize the use and cost of outside contractors/vendors/consultants. May be involved in all phases of facility planning and development, from initial discussions with department personnel through the entire construction process. May provide various predesign services-conducting feasibility and department impact studies, or specifying the requirements the design must meet. Will prepare documents/drawings in electronic format to be used in asset management and internal design and construction projects. May assist in providing to Catholic Health (CH) and CH Organizations project management, construction administration and construction observation services. May be responsible to preparing drawings, including floor plans, workstation and furniture layouts, specifications, project timelines and budgets. As possible the person in this position will be involved in CH Projects which involve rehabilitation, modernization and new construction within our facilities. The Facility Planner will work directly with and serve as a liaison between all levels of Catholic Health personnel, as well as outside vendors, consultants, and construction personnel. Facility Planner will also coordinate with CH Associates in matters related to moves, procurement of clinical equipment, etc. and scheduling of such as it relates construction activities. Travel limited primarily to the Western New York and Southern New York State.The Facility Planner position is the principal communications link between the Facilities Design & Construction Department and the Client (i.e. Health System Departments), General Contractor(s), Architect & Engineering Consultant(s), and Public Authorities, etc. All project specific direction/communications will be generated by the Facility Planner or sent under cover of his/her transmittal. He/she is authorized to speak for the Facilities Planning, Design & Construction Office when dealing with the Departmental Client(s), Contractor(s), A/E Team(s), etc. in matters concerning the interpretation of the project scope, contract documents, etc. and is directly responsible for the successful execution of the project, including quality, schedule and budget.Responsibilities:
- Bachelor of Architecture or related degree or acceptable combination of technical experience, education and training with at least four (4) - ten (10) years combined experience in the health-related architectural planning, design and construction disciplines. Master of Architecture degree preferred. Demonstrated ability to manage projects with increased complexity and construction values up to $12,000,000.
- Preferred candidate will possess same educational requirement as above, with at least ten (10) years combined experience in the health-related architectural, planning, design and construction disciplines. Demonstrated ability to manage projects of all complexities and multi-million dollar construction values. The preferred candidate will have demonstrated experience in all levels of project management.
- Architectural Registration not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Drafting and Design [CADD] programs a must
- Experience in production phase documentation
- Construction Project Management experience a plus
- Experienced in the ability to document all aspects of system design from the schematic level through as-built documentation
- Experience in office, mixed-use, and healthcare facilities a plus
- Must have the ability to climb and walk up stairs and maneuver around the exterior of buildings and open field property.
- Proficient in the use of required software, including AutoCAD 2014, Microsoft [MS] Office, MS Word, MS Excel
- MS Project or other scheduling software a plus
- Must have own car in good working condition
- Strong technical skills: ability
- Proficient in the use of personal computers
- Ability to communicate effectively with hand drawings.
- Working knowledge and understanding of building infrastructures
- Working knowledge and understanding of architectural, mechanical/plumbing and electrical drawings.
- Self-motivation, reliability
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive manner
- Demonstrates a willingness to be a team-player
- Freehand presentation capability a plus, but not required
- Should possess a sensitivity to Interior Design with regard to conceptual planning, aesthetic and technical solutions, furniture, furnishings, specification writing,
- Must be knowledgeable about the many types and characteristics of lighting, carpeting and floor covering, paint and wall covering
- Must have demonstrated project management problem solving skills
- Good communications skills a plus
- Proficient in the use of the Internet
- Must have demonstrated client/customer satisfaction.
- Must understand all appropriate building, life-safety and New York State Health codes.
- Must have demonstrated excellent budget tracking and management.
- Must have the ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects. Must understand CAD operations.
- Must keep current in their job specialty through continuing education.
- Must have successfully managed multiple projects and multiple project teams in a healthcare setting.
- Must have developed the following skills; job knowledge, communication, leadership, planning, organization, teamwork, decision making, judgment and problem solving.
- Position will often travel between CH Organizations often to perform daily tasks and to complete projects
- Primarily engaged in work typical of a professional planning and design office, i.e., drafting desk, computer monitor suitable for providing drafting and design services.
- Well lighted in a conditioned space.
Posting ID: 552783470Posted: 2020-05-21