Merakey is seeking a Tinko Clerk
to join our Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services (IDD) division in Philadelphia. POSITION DETAILS
This is an administrative position that is responsible for the general and confidential secretarial functions within the administrative pool 'TINKO'S.' This position will also share the Receptionist responsibilities upon demand, promotes Merakey's Mission Statement and Acts/Alerts and works cooperatively with all agency personnel.
- Completion of word processing and typing for agency personnel as requested by agency personnel.
- Completion of special projects as requested by agency personnel (may include analysis / generation of forms / reports, internet research, etc.)
- Also provides the following supports to agency personnel in the areas of: photocopying, collating materials, data entry, stuffing envelopes, mail (sorting/delivery/shipping), faxing, specialty printing and transcription.
- Other general office duties as requested; assists and provides information to visitors; handles incoming phone calls; maintains office equipment;
- Maintains all information/documentation on all departmental activities.
- Ensuring timely opening of the office and reception area.
- Ensuring guests are greeted in a courteous manner
- Answering telephones in a timely and courteous manner/ appropriate use of paging system.
- Logging and distribution of daily mail
- Front desk responsibility to include timely and accurate forwarding of call outs for management personnel
- Ensures an ample supply of forms, logs, master copies, time sheets and other general paperwork relative to administration / operation in the copy room.
- Ensures computer files are organized/ maintained and purged as needed.
- Resolve fax and copy machine problems as they arise and call for service and needed.
- Employee physicals (calling, copying, tracking 650+ employees)
- Tracks and records employee training into LMS system, maintains appropriate copies, follows workflow chain of command regarding training materials.
- Keeps updated spreadsheets of employee profiles (training, phone numbers, site location, etc.)
- Duties as assigned by respective Administrator of IDD Development/ Executive Liaison.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.ABOUT MERAKEY'S IDD DIVISION
Merakey supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in the enhancement of their abilities and interests. Services are aimed at partnering with individuals as they become self-sufficient and live everyday lives. Merakey focuses on helping individuals find meaningful roles in their community and to feel valued as community members. Individuals are always at the core of the planning and implementation of services.Community-Based Services
- Adult Training Facility
- Behavior Support Services
- Early Intervention Case Management
- Employment (Transitional, Supported, Competitive)
- In-home Support
- Non-traditional Community Day Services/Home and Community Habilitation
- Supports Coordination
- Community Living/Group Homes
- Family/Shared Living
- Intermediate Care Facility
- Respite Care
- Specialized Residential (medically fragile, dementia, autism, dual diagnosis, problematic sexual behavior)
- Supported Living
For more information on each individual service, please visit: https://www.merakey.org/services-idd.htmlABOUT MERAKEY
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee. APPLY TODAY
Requisition Number: 52565 Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) to Three (3) years experience in secretarial/general office responsibilities.
- Knowledge of computers and word processing (at least 55 wpm) and spreadsheet applications required.
- Knowledge of the following Microsoft Office software packages; PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher.
- Strong secretarial, organizational skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated values consistent with Merakey's mission.