Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent educational and/or work experience
- 5+ years of related Unix systems engineering experience (AIX, HP-UX, and/or Solaris)
- UNIX / Linux Shell scripting experience
- Strong team player with a high degree of self-motivation
- Professional communication / presentation skills for management briefings
- AIX / Red Hat / Linux Certifications
- Ansible / AWS / Docker experience
- Previous experience working in a large environment
The UNIX Systems Engineer will be responsible for the build and support/maintenance activities of AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. Must be a self-starter, capable of simultaneously prioritizing and managing a variety of complex project tasks and operational support activities. The UNIX engineer will be responsible for providing technical expertise and support to application teams and delivery managers within the organization. This person will also be responsible for documenting processes and automating them via scripting, as required. Candidate must possess excellent technical analytical skills along with solid written and oral communication skills. Responsibilities:
- Engineering overall platform needs of physical and virtual AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, and Linux, for the Enterprise.
- Experience with NPIV, VIO Servers, Firmware Updates, Live Partition Mobility, HMCs, NIM, Ignite, Dynamic Root Disk, Service Guard, and Veritas Volume Manager.
- Shell scripting (ksh, bash, Perl, python, etc.) and automation skills.
- Develop and maintain technical standards, procedures and documentation.
- Use Ansible, BigFix, scripting languages to automate tasks and gather data.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot network, performance, and software issues.
- Knowledge of SAN based disk solutions and their configurations.
- Ability to work independently but also must be strong in team partnership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organization skills.
- Experience in validated and audited environments is a plus.
- Project management skills a plus.
- Lead technical discussions for new initiatives & solutions as per IT roadmap
- Perform proactive analysis of infrastructure capacity and performance
- Initiate preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as manage repair of system/environment problems
- Analyze system faults and troubleshoot and run diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems
- Document tasks, procedures, environments for setting up and maintaining systems
- Solid understanding of best practices and an ability to implement them
- Review existing infrastructure landscape & look for opportunities to improve
- Bring innovation or explore new opportunities in the IT Infrastructure space
- Act as an escalation point for technical solutions
- Work collaboratively with other staff
- Provide on job training/coaching when required
- Must participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
Posting ID: 552783995Posted: 2020-05-21