***THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO $10,000 RELOCATION PACKAGE******MERAKEY offers all full-time associates, a full benefits package including: health, dental, eye plan, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and much more. This position includes on-call pay and a generous travel stipend in addition to benefits package.***Merakey
is currently seeking a Mental Health Counselor
to join our Adult Behavioral Health Division in our Lake Charles, LA
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey,formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee.WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
This is a full-time, benefited position. Rate of pay :$47,000 Annually + $6,750 Annual Travel StipendBenefits include:
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
- Retirement plan with company matching and immediate vesting
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (majority company paid)
- Life insurance, short term and long term disability coverage - free
- Vacation time, holidays plus sick time (carryover of some days is allowed)
- Tuition reimbursement
Position summary or overview. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
Rate of pay: $47,000 Annually + $6,750 Annual Travel StipendAPPLY TODAYCheck us out online at
- Provide individual and group therapy, choosing applicable modalities according to individual needs and treatment plan.
- Provide mini treatment team leadership.
- Develops treatment plans.
- Provide recovery based, person centered services.
- Develop comprehensive goal plans in conjunction with individuals and family members.
- Monitor record-keeping, insure that client charts are up-to-date and include all necessary documentation.
- Insure timeliness and quality of treatment plans and develop progress notes.
- Coordinate resources and information pertinent to client needs.
- Develop, write, implement, evaluate and revise, as necessary, individual's treatment plans in collaboration with the Treatment Team.
Click on Careers under Career Opportunities
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at Antigone.Chafford@merakey.org .Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Master's degree in human services/related field, l year clinical experience working with adults with severe mental illness. Must possess Provisional Licensed Professional Counselor (PLPC) or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) licensure.