AAS/BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related scientific field
- 1 year of clinical lab experience preferred
- ASCP or AMT certification preferred
- Ability to work independently within a team and strong attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Must be flexible with time and adaptable to change.
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Ability to work overtime as business needs
Are you looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference? Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional or desire to start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technologist/Technician in Burlington, NC. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment.Responsibilities:
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation,
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls.
- Deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency.
- Perform preventive maintenance and quality control with appropriate documentation and communication.
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed.
- Maintain a safe environment/wear appropriate personal protective equipment as designated by lab area
Posting ID: 552784391Posted: 2020-05-21