Test all raw, intermediate, and finished products as well as collecting and testing environmental samples according to established procedures. Discover and prevent defects and improve quality. Work with a high degree of accuracy and concentration to produce valid test results in a timely manner. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform receiving lab duties including weighing trucks, observing sample collections, and preparation of receiving tickets.
- Evaluate truck shipments for acceptance based upon established criteria.
- Complete entry into the computer systems and generate requested reports.
- Perform testing using the Near Infra-red methods, scorch tests, acidity tests, sink work, and other appropriate lab equipment.
- Prepare chemical solutions and media required for laboratory testing. Sterilize equipment as needed.
- Perform butterfat and total solids tests on fluid milk; cream; condensed and sweetened condensed milk; and powdered products.
- Maintain lab records of samples, test results, and lab quality control measures in an up-to-date, legible, and accurate manner ensuring the accuracy of results.
- Certify that finished product is suitable for sale by meeting government and customer specifications. Ensure cleanliness and organization of the lab and the integrity of all testing results.
- Perform basic microbiology and environmental sampling as required.
- Dedicate effort to safety as we expect every employee to leave work in the same condition as they arrive.
- Follow all DFA good manufacturing practices (GMP) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
- Exhibit the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America through honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Adhere to all DFA Quality, Safety and GMP policies and procedures and report any nonconformity.
- Attend required training, including but not limited to Safety, GMP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Posting ID: 552784399Posted: 2020-05-21