We are currently seeking a Full Time 40 hour Direct Support Professional
to join our Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services (IDD) division in Middletown, DEPOSITION OVERVIEW
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
ABOUT OUR IDD DIVISION
- The direct support professional position requires a motivated person to provide the highest quality of care to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Job duties may include:
- Providing companionship and advocating on behalf of the individuals you support when interfacing with additional members of the team to include; doctors, nurses, therapists, counselors and social workers.
- Assisting in the development of a support plan and treatment plan
- Documenting observations and progress in goal achievement
- Partnering with neighbors and members of the community to enrich the connections and relationships in the lives of the individuals you support.
- Fostering an environment in the home that ensures that people feel safe and cared for.
- Supporting the individuals in tasks both in the home and in the community to include assisting with medication, food preparation and feeding, aiding with hygiene and grooming tasks, and providing transportation to appointments and activities.
Merakey supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in the enhancement of their abilities and interests. Services are aimed at partnering with individuals as they become self-sufficient and live everyday lives. Merakey focuses on helping individuals find meaningful roles in their community and to feel valued as community members. Individuals are always at the core of the planning and implementation of services.Community-Based Services
- Adult Training Facility
- Behavior Support Services
- Early Intervention Case Management
- Employment (Transitional, Supported, Competitive)
- In-home Support
- Non-traditional Community Day Services/Home and Community Habilitation
- Supports Coordination
- Community Living/Group Homes
- Family/Shared Living
- Intermediate Care Facility
- Respite Care
- Specialized Residential (medically fragile, dementia, autism, dual diagnosis, problematic sexual behavior)
- Supported Living
For more information on each individual service, please visit: https://www.merakey.org/services-idd.html
Apply today at www.merakey.org/careersMerakey is an equal opportunity employer
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- Must have 1-year experience in a home health aide setting, or school setting working with people who have Intellectual and Developmental disabilities.
- Must have a desire to help others reach their fullest potential.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- New Rates $11.34 per hour and may go up to $13.34 per hour if the enhance pay program is selected.
Posting ID: 552784580Posted: 2020-05-21