Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Position Summary
The Service and Tire Center (STC) Driver is responsible for the safe, effective and timely delivery of parts and tires to all company STC locations within his/her delivery loop. An STC Driver will be responsible for safely operating a delivery truck less than 3 tons and ensuring the delivery load is stacked, padded and properly secured. A successful STC Driver will also be involved in operational store activities when deliveries are not being made and will be expected to participate in selling parts and services. Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The STC Driver is responsible for all aspects of properly operating and maintaining the delivery truck. This includes obeying all state, county and local laws; reporting accidents, incidents and/or violations or traffic citations.
- Safely transport goods within delivery loop.
- Ensure all loads are properly secured.
- Verify the load accuracy against the Bill of Lading and acquire the appropriate signatures. Will write orders and provide instruction when necessary.
- Load and unload product on the delivery truck by hand, hand truck or dolly.
- Passionately focus on customer needs, and drive the STC performance with the highest degree of integrity and trust.
- The successful STC Driver will be expected to follow all policies and procedures as indicated in the Store Operations Manual and Human Resources Handbook.
- Will be relied upon to learn and develop knowledge of hard parts and accessories in order to utilize selling skills while deliveries are not being made.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have a valid Driver's License without any DUI's (or related offenses) and submit to a pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to read instructions, policies, procedures, bills of lading, and product descriptions. Must be able to write. Must be able to collect data or facts and draw valid and accurate conclusions.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Weekends and Holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 100 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
- Talk and hear.
Posting ID: 552784619Posted: 2020-05-21