Description:By applying for this role you will be considered for enterprise wide opportunities within Lockheed Martin for the same or similar skill set.
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The Mission Systems Engineering Center of Excellence (COE) is seeking a candidate with extensive domain expertise in Radar, Electronic Warfare, and Communications to push technological boundaries and advance the development of multi-function sensor systems. The successful candidate will have strong analytic and communication skills and work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment. Occasional travel is required.
The Lead Systems Engineer will:
- Apply advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts to develop revolutionary system solutions to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Design and develop system architectures for multi-function sensor applications
- Lead technology development and risk reduction activities to transition low-TRL technologies into prototypes for field demonstrations.
- Support capture activities and pursue advanced development funding both internal and external to Lockheed Martin
- Represent the organization as the prime technical interface on contracts and projects.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics or equivalent.
- Demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following domains: Radar, Electronic Warfare, or Communications system design.
- Extensive experience in translating system requirements into hardware and software specifications and design targets.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate multiple subsystem components to form a system solution.
- Proven experience in developing and leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance.
- Experience collaborating with DoD Science and Technology (S&T) labs.
- Pursuit, capture, management, and execution of sensor IRAD and CRAD programs.
- Demonstrated analytical, applied mathematics and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Active DoD Secret level clearance or higher.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: RMS Relocation Available: Yes Career Area: Systems Engineering: System Architecture Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First
Posting ID: 552784869Posted: 2020-05-21