Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing women and men are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture urges employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer at our Stennis Space Center, MS site.
Job duties include but not limited to:
• Plan and manage all aspects of paint, coating and chemical conversion applications
• Review engineering drawings and specifications, write work instructions and support coating applications
• Ensure that projects are completed on schedule while following establish procedures, schedules and work plans
• Maintain awareness of daily / weekly tasks / assignments to deliver products within budgetary and schedule constraints
• Work closely with shop supervision, technicians, MRP controllers, production leads, and program representatives to ensure successful hardware fabrication
• Work flexible schedule
• Work occasional weekend and non-standard hours support
• A Bachelor's degree in an engineering-related discipline
• Diverse chemistry, mechanical, coating, chemical conversion, anodizing and/or manufacturing background
• Professional and effective written and oral communication skills
• Strong background in anodizing, acid etching and/or paint-epoxy-primer application
• Computer skills including MS Office software, and SAP/VECams (or other MRP/Work Instruction software)
• Experience writing work instructions
• Good Program Management skills
• Experience with Lean manufacturing and process improvements
• Experience with DFx (i.e. design for manufacturing, design to cost, design to schedule, design for assembly, etc.)
• Experience working with hourly personnel
• Experience working on the shop floor a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Manufacturing Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off Shift: First
Posting ID: 552784943Posted: 2020-05-21