Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Cyber Security Staff will champion Cybersecurity in support of state of the art space based technologies. In this role, you will:
- Manage program security and documentation compliance.
- Assist in implementing cyber security programs in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF), which requires System Categorization, Security Control Selection, Implementation, Assessment, Authorization and Continuous Monitoring.
- Develop, assess, and monitor required RMF documentation (SSP, SCTM, RAR, POA&M, IA SOP, etc.), policy, and procedures in accordance with DOD Manual 5207.5, NISPOM, DAAPM, ICD, JSIG and other security directives as required.
- Maintain records of required IS auditing, patching, maintenance, software/hardware changes based on federal regulations and customer compliance requirements.
- Build, configure, and maintain Microsoft Windows systems in compliance with DoD cyber security requirements, (i.e. DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides or STIGs), using SCAP Compliance Checker and DISA STIG Viewer.
- Perform Continuous Monitoring of the Information Security program to ensure that systems are operating as authorized and that conditions have not changed.
- Ensure remedial actions are taken for identified findings and vulnerabilities.
- Remain current on Information Assurance (IA) regulations and contract security requirements.
A Final Secret clearance is required.
Candidate will typically have 9+ years of experience.
This position is contingent upon contract award in Q3 2020.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Active DoD SECRET or higher government security clearance
- Experience in Computer Engineering, System Administration, or Information Assurance
- Familiar with methods to apply system security settings to domains and standalone workstations
- Solid technical familiarization with at least one major OS (Windows, LINUX, UNIX)
- Experience briefing customers on key project milestones
- Hold or capable of obtaining within 6 months a certification as directed in DoD Directive 8140.01 (8570.01M) (e.g. Security+, CISSP)
- Willingness to work flexible hours when required
- Familiar with NISPOM requirements for system hardening, and DCSA certification & accreditation processes - Understanding of Risk Management Framework methodologies and System Security Plan Development
- System Administration experience
- Experience collaborating on technical projects
- Experience with information systems Incident Response Teams
- Experience with auditing of large network environments with multiple operating systems
- Experience with Ivanti and Splunk
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Security Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First