Description:The position is responsible for the operational and programmatic aspects of the Littoral Combat Ship Sustainment contract.
Responsibilities include: Lead efforts for all Delivery Order Task Instructions (TI), including awarded efforts as defined in the Program Performance Management Process (PPMP) and as directed in the program's Program Performance Management Directive (PPMD).
These duties include planning, budgeting, and managing the cost/schedule/technical performance for each TI, ensuring the completion of all tasks and actions in accordance with program business rhythms. Effectively communicate status, concerns, and issues to the internal leadership and external Customers. Lead the coordination of RFPs and Task Instructions from the Navy Customer, which includes working closely with Sourcing, Finance and Contracts functions through all phases of proposal development and delivery.
Scope of responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
• Closely coordinates and collaborates with Contracts and Subcontracts to ensure all work efforts are in alignment with tasks awarded by the Navy. Work with Contracts/Subcontracts Manager to resolve any discrepancies.
• Work with Task Instruction lead Project Managers, including Monthly reviews of schedule and spending plans
• Lead management of CDRLS to ensure on-time and high quality delivery.
• Establish and lead regularly scheduled meetings with Navy customer, prepare and distribute meeting agenda notes and presentations.
• Monitor and evaluate overall program budgets to ensure compliance.
• Review internal and subcontractor financial reports weekly and address any spending concerns.
• Conduct reviews of Subcontractor SOWs to ensure compliance and accuracy.
• Issue PRs to subcontracts when authorized by PM
• Ensure all subcontractor POs are closed out after completion of work effort.
• Lead and serve as the main interface with the Navy Customer
Experience with contracting and subcontracting processes. Program experience in technical, training and/or operations.
Ability to perform task planning process and contract baseline efforts.
Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Ability to monitor and evaluate schedule and cost performance including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, investigating late/over and under budget activities, and assisting project supervision in findings and solutions.
Ability to grasp technical and logistical aspects of ship repair maintenance and execution to support decisions and issue resolution as they impact contracts, schedules, and budgets.
Ability to develop and discuss detailed budget and resource plans with management and customer to support forward planning and tracking, including justification of existing efforts and acquisition of new business.
Ability to quickly adapt/respond to ship schedule changes and act as the prime interface and liaison for task instructions with LCS Program Management, other LM teams, the vendors, and all phases of the customer, in the planning, execution, and closure of a task instructions.
Strong verbal and written communication skills required for effective interface with management, vendors, and the customer on complex program and technical aspects and issues.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Program Management Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: yes Work Schedule: Flex 9/80 A: (Autotime System) Shift: First
Posting ID: 552785032Posted: 2020-05-21