Description:-Troubleshoot, repair, and terminate copper and fiber cables as required
- Able to install horizontal and vertical copper and fiber cables as required
- Able to install conveyance above and below the grid as required
- Able to operate forklift, Kubota and climb through crawl confined spaces as required
- Candidate will be responsible for cabling support of the Air, Missile, and Space warning missions
- Must be able to update drawings and process remedy tickets, Cyberspace Infrastructure Planning Systems (CIPs), Work Order Management (WOMS/EWOMS), Indoor/Outdoor maintenance, Civil Engineer (CE) work requests.
Work hours are Mon-Fri, 8-5. Position may require occasional after hours or weekend coverage to support emergency break/fix or natural disaster events
TS/SCI Clearance required.
Requires 3-5 years of experience in the telephone maintenance communications or electronics field. Understanding of Communications infrastructure, circuit signaling and cryptographic equipment.
The following technical skills are required:
Install and maintain underground, buried, and aerial copper core and fiber-optic cables supporting systems for command, control, communications, and computers
- Plan, maintain and install all cable and communication conveyance systems
- Process formal customer request and develop technical solutions
- Maintains cable installation records and schematics using Government provided database.
- Perform configuration control for all communications cables and conveyances for Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station (CMAFS)
- Focal point for any/all questions concerning authorized access to the CMAFS bellows; maintains access list, log all information on the master station log, alarm/de-alarm and maintain combinations.
- Resolve project installation and maintenance problems by interpreting project sketches, drawings, project directives, diagrams, and Technical Orders (TOs)
- Follow WOMS/EWOMS project installation and maintenance actions and repair procedures
- Conduct system test to assess cable capabilities and serviceability
- Install, inspect, and evaluate cable installation, and maintenance actions
- Evaluate inspection reports and analyzes survey and test results
- Process Civil Engineer work clearance requests; locate mark and record underground 21 CS Communication cables
- Operate and maintain special tools, test equipment, auxiliary equipment, and special vehicles
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace fiber optic, transceivers, mux, and modems- Schedule and assist with maintenance of underground, buried, and aerial copper core and fiber-optic cables supporting systems for command, control, communications, and computers
- Operate forklift, Kubota and other government provided vehicles during day-to-day activities
Install, inspect, and evaluate cable installation, and maintenance actions.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt Business Unit: RMS Relocation Available: No Career Area: Technicians Clearance Level: TS/SCI Type: Task Order/IDIQ Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day Shift: First