Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is for an experienced professional engineer to become a member of the Software Engineering COE, as part of the Radar Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Software development team. The engineer will report directly to the Radar DSP software applications manager and will be responsible for achieving program commitments. The engineer will provide technical, programmatic, and administrative leadership to a project team of engineers of varying experience levels. The engineer will direct this team to ensure successful implementation of embedded control and digital signal processor software and hardware requirements for multiple programs.
The engineer will perform/oversee the research, design, development, and testing of COTS or custom computing and real time Digital Signal Processing software applications.
The engineer will lead a team of engineers and ensure that the appropriate standards, processes, procedures throughout the software development life cycle will be followed. The engineer will create and maintain task schedules, staffing plans, coordinate staffing forecasts with management, maintain task status and present plans, status and technical information to functional and program management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering is required for this position.
- This position requires the ability to work in an accelerated team environment and proven digital signal processor systems and software architecture for mission critical military applications with a minimum of 12 years of directly relevant real-time radar signal processor professional experience.
- The candidate will have demonstrated competence in leading cross-disciplinary engineering teams and must have a strong understanding of signal processing applications and requirements for Radar systems, functional modeling, C++ programming, Linux, software engineering processes, and software product life cycle.
- The candidate must have demonstrated proficiencies in earned value, schedule, cost and risk management techniques.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering is required for this position.
- Experience with Network Topology Configuration, Automated Test tools and Techniques, Modeling Tools, Static Code Analysis tools, Embedded Applications and Cost Account Management.
- The candidate must have excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at both programmatic and technical levels with subordinates, peers, senior management levels and the customer.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Software Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First
Posting ID: 552785101Posted: 2020-05-21