Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we'll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can apply your expertise to a very important mission? We are a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Material & Distribution team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Sunnyvale, CA has an immediate opportunity for a Transportation and Shipment Coordinator to join our mission. As our Transportation and Shipment Coordinator you will support the overall direction, organization and prioritization of packing and shipping of critical hardware on our Sunnyvale campus, which includes verification of the hardware/items being shipped, compliance with command media and job assignments. This role will enable you to frequently use and apply your knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards as well as develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
Summary of key duties for this position:
• You will plan, schedule, and route inbound and outbound domestic and international shipments of freight, using knowledge of US and International regulations, tariffs, and company policy via multiple shipping modes (air freight, LTL, truckload, vessel, etc.)
• You will coordinate with carriers, audit freight bills, prepare and negotiate claims, and select or recommend carriers to ensure efficient, timely, and low risk movement of hardware and material
• You will conduct research on transportation methods, rates, and routes
• You will create government bills of lading and air bills using government online web tools to support the shipment/movement of materials against DD1149s
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Must have industry experience with shipping, transportation and traffic related practices and standards.
• Must possess the ability to collaborate with commercial and government programs and develop risk reduced solutions and options to meet the program's transportation requirements.
• Must be familiar with the 49CFR and IATA hazardous material regulations for air and ground transport.
• Possess a basic understanding of international import/export regulations.
• Willing/able to work outside normal business hours, including weekends at a low frequency.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Project.
• Possess current 49 CFR and ICAO/IATA hazardous material training certifications.
• Able to provide direction to Bargaining Unit employees.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel and management.
• Persuasive communications skills and the ability to work without supervision.
• Possess, or be able to obtain, a DOD security clearance from the United States Government.
• Inventory management skills and knowledge of a purchasing and reconciliation process.
• Able to develop presentations suitable for executive leadership.
• Knowledge of the SAP/ERP systems utilized in LM Space.
• Experience with military specification packaging supplies and modes of transportation.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Material and Distribution Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First