Description:Here at Lockheed Martin's Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) business in Moorestown, NJ we are working on many exciting defense programs and developing cutting edge products and applications to meet the complex and evolving needs of our customers.
We have new positions available in support of our Embedded Controls and Digital Processors products. As an Associate Hardware Product Development Engineer, you will be working in an exciting engineering and production environment with state-of-the-art hardware and systems. This work will include teaming with other engineers in various disciplines to develop best-in-class products and solutions.
You will work on cross-discipline teams of systems, hardware, software, and test engineers while supporting all phases of application development from concept through qualification testing.
A desired candidate will contribute to a wide variety of projects as our business needs evolve. The ability to take responsibility for increasingly difficult tasks, complete them on schedule, while documenting and presenting results is expected. We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
A desired candidate will demonstrate an interest and ability to learn new tools and technologies and successfully leverage those to effectively complete projects in a timely manner. They will also possess strong oral and written communication skills, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
A BS degree from an accredited college or university in Electrical engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or a closely related technical field or discipline.
A GPA of at least a 3.0 is required for our entry level positions.
0-2 Years of Professional experience aligned to desired skills listed below.
1. Product Development Engineering:
• Hardware Product Development Experience
• Cross-Disciplinary Technical Design
2. Engineering Project Leadership:
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly and efficiently learn and absorb new technical knowledge
• Strong Prioritization kills, ability to establish & delegate changing tasks and coordinate with technical & non-technical leaders.
• Strong Communications skills required to effectively delegate tasks and partner across functions
3. Relevant Technical Background & Experience
• Digital Hardware Design/Development
• Embedded Hardware, Software, or Firmware Design
Eligibility for and maintenance of a security clearance at the SECRET level.
A desired candidate will have familiarity, experience, or academic educational background in one or more of the following domains:
1. Product Development Engineering Experience:
• Systems Engineering Life-cycle Process Implementation
• Engineering Project Planning & Execution
• Requirements Definition and Specification
2. Engineering Project Leadership Experience:
• Demonstrated ability to seek solutions to technical and non-technical problems outside of domains of expertise
• Participation in the Full Product Development Life cycle of a project
• Project Management experience
• Demonstrated ability to manage technical complexity across disciplines, identify and mitigate technical and programmatic risks, identify and capture technical and business opportunities.
3. Relevant Technical Background & Experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Embedded Systems Architecture Development
• Digital Hardware Acceptance & Operability Testing
• FPGA/CPLD Firmware Development (Verilog/VHDL)
• MATLAB Algorithm design/Modeling
• MATLAB System performance Analysis
• Verification of DSP Software, Firmware & Hardware
• Digital Signal Processing Architecture Design
• Component/Subsystem Test and Validation
• High Speed Digital Printed Circuit Board Design
• Embedded C/C++ real-Time Software Development
Graduate level Education (Certificate, etc.) from an accredited college or university in Product Development or Systems Engineering or a closely related technical field or discipline.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Hardware Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First
Posting ID: 552785310Posted: 2020-05-21