Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age and global security, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we'll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Planning team in the dynamic world of Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our Strategic Missile Defense (SMD) line of business has an exciting opportunity for a senior Manufacturing Support Scheduler to support the United Kingdom's Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE), which supports the defense and security of the UK, and help transform their Production Operations organization. If you are an enthusiastic self-starter, eager to lead and mentor others in a dynamic environment, come join our team supporting a UK-based joint venture in delivering a strategic capability of international importance. This is an expatriate assignment located in the United Kingdom requiring a two-year commitment.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of processes and tools to enable linkage between Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) level program schedules to production capacity / capabilities within a dynamic production environment. This role requires that you have extensive familiarity with Material Resource Planning (MRP), schedule and budget analysis, capacity planning, risk mitigation, analytical problem-solving skills and conflict resolution skills. You will apply your depth comprehension of Earned Value Management processes and tools with the ability to link EVM-level program planning to tactical production planning.
In this role you will be responsible for leading and managing the following activities:
• You will lead the AWE in the development and transition to a fully integrated operations planning approach that will involve integrating operations across seven different science and production delivery centers
• You will be responsible for providing the tools and insight to drive effective business decisions up to the senior management level, allowing timely and effective capacity optimization and program delivery
• You will perform look ahead analysis to proactively manage potential upcoming conflicts and obstacles in order to minimize any impacts
• You will perform advance planning and strategy developed with Programs, Production and Procurement prior to execution
• You will provide strategic direction for the deployment of a new manufacturing execution and planning system
• You will provide a clear understanding of work in process; clearly and effectively communicate status, issues and path forward plans to multiple levels of the organization; and communicate schedule and cost performance data to program stakeholders
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 14-20 years of experience.
• 6-7 years of experience in production operations scheduling, program/project management and/or scheduling in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in one of these related fields include: Production Planning & Control, Inventory Management, Manufacturing/Production Operations.
• Demonstrated experience with planning tools (i.e. Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.)
• Experience with critical path, path-to and float analysis.
• Demonstrated experience planning major programs from concept through delivery.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills complimenting the ability to make timely, balanced decisions.
• Strong experience with MS Office software
• Must be a United States citizen and have a current Top-Secret clearance.
• Must be able to relocate to and work in the United Kingdom.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
• Strong business acumen
• Lean Manufacturing and/or Lean Six Sigma experience
• Familiarity and experience with Manufacturing principles
• Experience related to program planning
• Ability to perform typical schedule integrity checks and critical path analysis
• Experience with internal and external audits and review
• Experience working new contractual awards as a program planner
• Demonstrated logistics support and product usage coordination experience of large-scale hardware to include the ability to develop, evaluate and integrate schedules for execution
• Change agent mindset demonstrated through recent implemented improvements highly desired
• Ability to work towards long range goals and objectives with minimal direction.
• An enthusiastic self-starter
Benefits you can enjoy include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Program Planning Clearance Level: Top Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day Shift: First