Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to craft and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a culture that encourages employees to envision the impossible, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus-if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a valued member of the Loads & Dynamics team you will perform structural dynamic analysis for missile and spacecraft flight hardware. You will be working in a multi-disciplined team environment to help with structural design trades, preliminary and detailed design/analysis activity and performance and maintenance assessments of operational systems. There will be opportunity to support dynamic test definitions, requirements development, test monitoring, data reduction, and comparison to analysis efforts. We will interface as a team with outside organizations to acquire information necessary to complete the analysis.
• Producing/maintaining structural dynamic models generated from both in-house and commercially available software codes, that simulate mechanical loading conditions, mechanism deployment motions, dynamic structural response behavior and missile segment and spacecraft separation events.
• Performing load development (primary structure and component level), shock and vibration environments determination and component and system level testing and data evaluation.
• Support test plan preparation; static, separation dynamics, vibration, modal and shock test execution, and post-test reports.
• Provide review, interpretation, flow down, and start up of program requirements, and plan tasks and monitor budget and schedule to reduce cost and cycle time.
• Support peer and customer reviews by communicating analysis data to engineering teams, customer technical representatives and Program Office personnel at technical interchange meetings and design reviews.
• Mentoring opportunities to help grow our team (this is an emerging technical lead position).
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Advanced understanding of structural dynamics through education or experience
- Proficiency in application of finite element analysis principles as well as rigid and flexible body lumped-parameters
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI w/ Poly security clearance; US citizenship is required
- Existing TS/SCI w/ Poly security clearance
- Familiarity/experience with LM Space standard structural dynamic analysis tools such as NX/NASTRAN, ABAQUS and/or ADAMS
- Experience with finite element modeling and of complex mechanical structures and assemblies
- Ability to work in a collaborative and highly integrated team environment.
- Ability and desire to work independently with minimum supervision and assume ownership of tasks and drive to closure quickly and efficiently.
- Creativity/innovation to solve issue related to anomalous performance of any aspect of a mechanical system
- Willingness to join the dynamics team, take direction from and work with senior dynamics Subject Matter Experts and project leadership.
- Willingness to work with and mentor less experienced dynamics engineers.
- Willingness to support product development teams as the dynamics Point of Contact and provide dynamics support.
- Proficiency with composite and metallic structures and associated structural analysis.
- Proficiency with vibration, acoustic, modal, and shock testing of aerospace vehicles and components and the associated instrumentation.
- Proficiency in structural requirements identification, derivation, development, compliance evidence, verification, and validation.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and dedication to Mission Success
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project)
- Experience with a software scripting/programming language (e.g. Python, HTML, Matlab, Visual Basic, C/C++, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong social skills, ability to build solid relationships with team members, and ability to work on a fastpaced, collaborative team
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Mechanical Engineering Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First