Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Cyber Security Staff will perform duties as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) located at the Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company Huntsville Facility in Huntsville, AL.
In this role. you will:
- Ensure compliance to governing documents and security policies and assist in regulatory periodic assessments.
- Implement and test state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database solutions.
- Stay current with system vulnerabilities and provides current security training to all system users.
- Perform system and program auditing to ensure compliance.
- Conduct risk assessments and provide recommendations for secure implementation and compliance.
- Create, maintain and submit information system security documents and reports to regulatory agencies and leadership.
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle; validate system security requirements definition and analysis; establish system security documentation; assist with the implementation of security procedures; verify requirements; performs information system certification and accreditation planning, testing, assessing and liaison activities.
You should be familiar with information system security architectural documentation standards and able to apply information assurance / cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural/risk based framework.
A Final Secret clearance is required.
Candidate will typically have 9+ years of experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Windows client/server background.
- Some UNIX/LINUX technical experience, knowledge of OS security requirements and IS (Information Systems) auditing experience.
- Familiar with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and using eMass to submit plans.
- Knowledge of ACAS and HBSS.
- Security certification (Security +, CISSP).
- Overall knowledge of Information Systems Security and ISSO duties, working knowledge of system administration and network administration, and working knowledge of classified defense contracts.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Security Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First