Description:Our facility in Chelmsford, MA has an immediate opportunity for an Environment Health & Safety professional who wants to be part of the Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) mission. In this role, you will support MFC Environment, Safety, and Health department (ESH) in the ongoing management and enhancement of ESH programs, environmental remediation and overall regulatory compliance. Your specific job duties will include:
• Support the development, administration and implementation of environmental and safety and health programs in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications, which include regulatory requirements regulated by the MADEP, EPA, OSHA and USDOT.
• Support compliance and auditing efforts.
• Review and analyze internal Command Media documents as well as documentation issued by the federal EPA, MADEP and USDOT.
• Determine impact on site operations and provide support for compliance strategies and requirements.
• Evaluate proposed regulations to determine financial, industrial, public and environmental impact.
• Interact with federal, state, and local regulators as necessary as they relate to inquiries or compliance activities.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
• Basic Environmental Health & Safety knowledge or experience
• Must be able to work on-call and varied shifts on occasion
• Ability to travel infrequently
• United States citizenship required with the ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance and must be able to obtain an Interim Secret Security clearance prior to start
• Professional ESH experience in a manufacturing, test, or industrial environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of MA/OSHA, and Environmental requirements, regulations and associated compliance programs
• ESH experience in subject areas such as industrial safety, material handling, NFPA Life Safety Code, lock-out-tag-out, and hazard recognition and other industrial safety programs
• Comfortable in a manufacturing and test environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
• Ability to ensure regulatory compliance with minimal direct supervision.
• Strengths in customer service and cooperative teaming, and a demonstrated capability in managing multiple projects/tasks effectively prioritizing tasks and work load, and ensuring timely closure of assignments.
• Certified Safety Professional certification (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist certification (CIH) or other ESH nationally recognized certifications.
• Strong passion for environmental stewardship and overall compliance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Environment Safety and Health Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off Shift: First
Posting ID: 552785525Posted: 2020-05-21