Description:A challenging position managing and sustaining our nation's networks and information systems awaits you! This position provides critical system administration of the software development and ancillary laboratory environments supporting the Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) program. C2BMC is the integrating element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
Primary Responsibilities include operating, maintaining, and managing Linux systems supporting a software development environment. Responsible for the overall day-to-day operations, system security, and availability of a Linux environment.
Other Responsibilities include
- Respond appropriately to any security incidents discovered in the system or directed by program security
- Install, configure, monitor, manage and maintain all Linux based servers and workstations
- Create and maintain Linux server documentation
- Create and maintain Linux system administration processes and procedures using Ansible playbooks
- Install, configure, manage and maintain all Linux server based applications
- Ensure all Linux based systems have the appropriate patches installed includes but is not limited to, security, applications and OS
- Ensure all Linux based systems are running current versions of antivirus software with current virus definition files
- Create, manage and maintain security groups and user accounts
- Monitor, manage and maintain storage systems and devices
- Create and maintain Linux server images
- Recommend system enhancements, including but not limited to, servers, applications, storage, processes and procedures
- Recommend when additional system resources are required or when existing resources should be retired
- All other tasks as assigned by the IT site lead or IT manager Secondary Responsibilities
- Assist the help desk respond to end users requests/issues if needed
*****MUST have an ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE*****
System administrator with Current DoD 8570 IAT II Certificate
Strong technical skills in the following are required: Linux system administration, System Security Implementations, Linux shell scripting, Ansible playbook development and management, Security-Enhanced (SE) Linux and Red Hat repository administration.
Desired skills: Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) compliance via Ansible, Multi-Factor Authentication implementation, OpenShift, OpenStack, Multi Factor Authentication, NetApp OnTap, VMware ESXI, QAS/VAS, Windows, Active Directory, HP Onboard Administrator configuration/management, Backup and Recovery, Linux certifications, Red Hat Certified Expert (RHCE).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Information Technology Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First