- Job Summary
- Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in in admixture preparation in the home infusion pharmacy. The pharmacy technicians perform clerical and computer work in the pharmacy, the billing area and in the nursing/intake areas only under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. The pharmacy technician is responsible for the control and operation of the Durable Medical Equipment Program at Home Parenteral Services. They do not perform duties that can legally be performed only by a registered pharmacist.
- Job Requirements
- Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Preferred: Associates Degree in a Related Field
- No prior experience required
- Infusion Pharmacy
- Admixture of IV products
- Ability to train other pharmacy staff in at least three of the following areas: IV room, distribution, warehouse and pump certification, refill and care plan preparation
- Required: Registered with the Missouri State Board of Pharmacy as a pharmacy technician or application is in process and full registration obtained within 90 days of hire
- Required: Must obtain Certification through Pharmacy Technician Certification Board within 6 months of hire
- Required: Licensed with the Missouri State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Intern OR application is in process and full licensure is obtained within 90 days.
Posting ID: 552785646Posted: 2020-05-21