Help Duties Summary
Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Training and Development, Canine Center Front Royal located in Front Royal, VA.
Learn more about this agency
Temporary: Selections resulting from this announcement will be on a temporary basis, not to exceed 3 years. Appointments may be extended in one year increments up to five years total. Positions are subject to Employee Rotation Policy Directive #51335-013.
This position starts at a salary of $102,663.00 (GS-13, Step 1) to$133,465.00 (GS-13, Step 10) with promotion potential to $133,465.00 (GS-13, Step 10). Typical duties include:
WHEN WILL CERTIFICATES BE ISSUED? We are currently accepting applications from 03/09/2020 to 06/09/2020. You must apply on-line by 11:59 p.m. ET, 06/09/2020 to receive consideration under this announcement. Please refer to the "
- Supporting the conduct of training and certification of multi-disciplined CBP canine teams;
- Scheduling and assigning training, special projects, and curriculum development activities;
- Developing training courses using instructional system design techniques and preparing lessons plans and course material;
- Supervising and conducting the instruction, counseling, and evaluation of canine handlers and instructor candidates; and,
- Maintaining student and instructor records
Posting ID: 552785710Posted: 2020-05-21