Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
#80663 - Piscataway, New Jersey, United StatesThis position is part of the Global Design & Packaging Organization supporting the North America Personal Care Category. This position is responsible for the engineering & implementation of innovative packaging solutions, collaboratively with Global and Division Marketing, Supply Chain and Manufacturing. This role will also have broad responsibilities supporting manufacturing operations to drive efficiencies and cost savings. Additionally, this role will drive technical transfer from Packaging Engineering to operations.Responsibilities:
- Drive implementation and support for new product launches, cost savings & operations efficiency initiatives, and quality investigations
- Responsible for Technology Transfer from Package Engineering to Manufacturing Operations to ensure new packaging systems perform as designed and meet operational targets
- Modify the design of packaging systems and packaging components, ensuring defined needs for brand equity, consumer acceptance, manufacturing capability, quality and cost are met from the program brief through design, engineering and commercialization
- Create cost and savings estimates, tooling/package qualification plans, technology transfer documentation (Design History Files) and final package component specifications, Bills of Materials, Manufacturing Specifications, case/cube information
- Coordinate line trials to ensure package performance for manufacturing. Attend component and manufacturing startups as needed to ensure proper execution of design & function.
- Responsible for aspects of project management: project planning, capital expenditure estimates, and technology transfer associated with projects. Manage flow of information, and communicate project timelines, costs, and associated risks.
- Understand and interpret package testing procedures and results to support the effective design, qualification, validation, and implementation of new package systems.
- Partner with plant engineering to ensure that packaging equipment/material system specifications, functionality and design are appropriate for use.
- BS/BA degree in Package Engineering/Technology/Science or related engineering field (e.g. Chemical Engineering)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Consumer Products
- Minimum 3 years of experience in package development/engineering
- Material science knowledge of plastics, labels, printing and decoration techniques
- Knowledge of PET bottles manufacturing processes and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of bottle filling line processes/specifications and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of injection molding (eg: PET preforms, flip top caps)
- Knowledge of packaging operations, processes, and equipment
- Knowledge of paperboard packaging and corrugate
- Project Management skills with experience leading cross functional teams
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal
- skills to work with diverse cultures and global partners
- Experience with statistical and predictive engineering tools (eg.: Design of Experiments (DOE), Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), Finite Element.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom's of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill's Science Diet and Hill's Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate's global business, visit the Company's web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill's Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom's of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.