Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in the administration of all benefit and retirement programs, including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, PTO, life insurance, short and long-term disability, Service Contract Act (SCA) obligations and 401(k).
- Provide key support for the annual Open Enrollment projects, including presenting benefit plans and/or changes to employees.
- Manage limited scope projects with the best practices in project management and ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Collaborate with external vendors and consultants, as well as internal communications experts, to develop ongoing benefits communications that engage employees using various tools and modes of communication.
- Partner with the MAXIMUS Wellness team to administer and maintain company wellness initiatives
- Provide support to maintenance of Summary Plan Descriptions, Plan Documents, Benefit Summaries and Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs).
- Manage the benefits obligations related to the payroll transformation, ensuring proper representation and documentation of integrations and feeds to vendors/related systems.
- Manage the paid time off program, ensuring proper programming by liaising with HRIS and documenting the process.
- Updating the paid time off program (including sick leave) for state and local requirements as they change.
- Assist with preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies (e.g., Form 5500, Non-Discrimination Testing, ACA reporting, etc.)
- Maintain awareness of changes to laws, regulations, and Executive Orders that might affect the Company's SCA and Wage and Hour obligations, and assist with internal processes and change management, as needed.
- Prepare periodic reports for management.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required.
- 3 years of benefit administration experience required.
- Experience with the Service Contract Act and Wage and Hour regulations preferred.
- Strong project management & verbal communication skills.
- Must be well-organized and adaptable to situational changes.
- Must demonstrate strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critical.
- Solid use and expertise of Excel required at the intermediate level.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.