Do you want to be at the leading edge of using Big Data to help redefine customer experiences, for hundreds of millions of Windows & Azure users around the world? The COSINE Data team within Azure creates the data products and insights that enable development of new Windows & Azure product capabilities, as well as internal engineering tools and capabilities.
The team is looking for a Principal Program Manager with a passion for big data to help create new data products that will provide Windows and Azure engineering teams with deeper product insights, enabling them to make well-informed product release decisions and take action to resolve quality issues. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right program manager to get in on the ground floor of multiple critical v1 efforts, solve complex technical and business problems and create strong business impact across Windows and Azure.
We are looking for a strong Program Manager with a proven track record to help lead these important efforts.
- Diversity and inclusivity: Actively demonstrate key behaviors that contribute to Microsoft's commitment to be more a diverse and inclusive Microsoft.
- Customer expertise and advocacy: Work with customers to understand their scenarios and business drivers. Collaborate with SWE counterparts to understand the right technical design and trade-offs necessary to meet customer goals.
- Product strategy: Develop product plans and roadmaps, define capabilities and drive project execution. Enable scenarios and workflows that bring meaning to complex data sets for Windows & Azure engineers that enable them to consistently improve product quality.
- Organizational and team leadership: Build positive relationships and deliver results in cross-group projects. This includes enabling cultural change in COSINE by providing expertise & practical guidance that drive adoption of the right metrics, tools and methodologies and fuel long term planning and investments.
- One Microsoft: Foster strong partner relationships with teams across Microsoft and identify opportunities for collaboration and sharing.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or another technical, engineering, or business discipline
- 5+ years' experience as a Program or Technical Product Manager
- Prior experience building data products, including driving metrics development & visualization methodologies
- Ability to work independently in ambiguous situations, with a strong 'get it done' attitude
- A growth mindset that enables you to constantly learn, find lessons and inspiration in the success of others, self-reflect and really hear perspectives from others, embrace challenges and risks.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with big data technologies used at Microsoft such as Cosmos, MSSQL, Kusto & Geneva are a strong plus
- Experience working with data scientists and analysts on data projects is another strong plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.