Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation organization (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As the Senior Manager, Remote Services
you will perform a key role in how we deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, Office 365, XBOX, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and Data Center optimization at the forefront of our Data Center design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of Microsoft's Global Data Center Operations Group.
In this role, you will manage the Data Center Remote Services Team which is focused on driving logical and remote based tasks to a singular organization where we can drive standards in both process and automation. In addition to managing the day to day operations of the team, you will drive initiatives with data centers in our worldwide portfolio to identify logical opportunities and consolidate these workloads into your organization. Global consistency in process execution is a top priority along with driving activities from manual workloads to automation. With your team, you will partner with data center onboarding to ensure we maximize our on-site personnel by driving new service opportunities into your team and not into the field.
- Driving a strong operations and technical vision for your business, working across organizational boundaries to define solutions for the most complex of issues.
- Grow both our IT and CE portfolio of remote services through service catalog reviews, changes in onboarding processes, and reviewing the existing day to day activities for opportunities.
- Partner with our Global Operations Center on enhanced triage with a strong focus on automation and the end user experience.
- Represent and drive tooling requirements for your team, including ticketing, workflow, and automation.
- Ensure a culture of strong documentation, working to maintain a consistent and accurate process for documentation with regular reviews and updates.
- Ensuring your established vendor agreements are met, including performance against contract obligations (KPIs/SLAs), service improvement plans (SIPs) and manage the relationship with your suppliers.
- Drive standards and automation in all areas of the service catalog.
- Lead a culture of accountability & quality through your organization via KPI measurements, data reporting, and service alignment.
- At least seven years' relevant experience in IT Operations, Data Center, or Critical Environments leadership in a 24x7 production environment
- At least five years' experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce
- Experience defining and driving metrics and KPIs to understand service health and opportunities.
- Flexibility to support a 24x7 global operation via off-hours support, on-call availability, or other as needed per rhythm and needs of the business
- BS/BA in Computer Science, math, telecommunications, or equivalent education or experience
- Dynamic and team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic
- Working knowledge of ITIL foundation components
- Background in PMP and Six Sigma process improvement methodologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience presenting to executive-level audiences
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical thinking, quantitative and analytical skills, while under pressure.
- Understanding and knowledge of physical datacenters and their related infrastructure or resources such as power, rack space, CE Infrastructures (e.g. UPS, Generators, AHU) etc.
- Ability to balance competing demands for resources and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent problem resolution, judgment, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures such as Enterprise Server Platforms and related IT architectures and equipment
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.