We have the honor and responsibility of working in food - a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities...this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.Take a look at how Michael Foods is giving back to the community during this difficult time!
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
- Maintains working knowledge and understanding of the plant refrigeration equipment.
- Works with shift operators on all shifts to insure all components of the refrigeration system are fit for use, safe and capable of operating as required by plant operations and the Process Safety Management (PSM) program
- Know and understand all start up, shut down, operating procedures for safe and efficient operations of the plant refrigeration and boiler systems.
- Monitors the water treatment system as needed to keep boilers and refrigeration system condenser scale free.
- Oversees all needed preventive maintenance to assure optimum up-time operation with minimum adverse impact on production.
- Assures that the entire system is operated in a safe manner and that all components of the system are in compliance with OSHA, PSM and other agencies requirements.
- Lends knowledge and ideas to the solution of problems involving the plant refrigeration system.
- Ensures accurate and neat logs on the plant boilers and refrigeration systems. Checks compressor area for any problems and inform proper people of any problems.
- Requisitions parts and chemicals for the department. Works with vendors and contractors.
- Ensures department is compliant with all state and federal laws.
- Requires active participation in Emergency Response Team and Process Safety Management.
- Ensures PSM operations are followed and documented (PHA, pre-safe start-up, line break permits, ammonia inventory, odor investigation)
- Assist in training of new employees.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization in English.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ammonia certifications - required
- MN Chief's A or B Boiler Operator license - preferred but not required
- Ability to delegate and follow up on workload needed.
- PSM experience
Posting ID: 552786499Posted: 2020-05-21