Join Microsoft Conversational AI to build the Azure Bot Service, Microsoft's platform for building conversational experiences and connecting with users on Microsoft Teams, Facebook Messenger, Office 365 mail, Skype, and more.
Microsoft Conversational AI is a fast-moving cross-discipline team focused on conversation-driven experiences. We leverage our deep product and services experience to bring high-scale, high-impact projects out of the lab and to our customers. Our team values collaboration, close customer engagements, and a culture of enthusiasm and positivity.
Bot Framework is our most recent product and has become the nexus for Microsoft's conversation capabilities, including Cortana, Teams, Azure, Xiaoice, and more. We build the tools and services that enable developers to integrate AI capabilities into their software. We're involved in every part of the developer and user experience: we operate the Bot Framework developer portal (https://dev.botframework.com), the entry point to all Bot Framework channels; we define the conversational protocols and libraries used by Cortana, Skype, Teams, and more; we operate services that handle hundreds of millions of requests per day; we build the SDK that developers use to build bots; we build a hosting platform for running bots on Azure; we ship our own conversational Web Chat UX and shape the card formats used in Teams, Cortana, and others.
Our team works predominantly in C# and .Net, and builds on Azure technologies like Web Apps, Redis and CosmosDB. We spend our time building high-volume services on the best technology available from Microsoft and the open-source community.
Our customer base and scale brings challenging problems: we must deliver rock-solid global services today while simultaneously delivering the next-generation platforms of tomorrow. Earning customer trust means collaborating closely 1:1 with external engineers to solve deep technical problems in our products, their code, and in the platforms we both build on.
We're looking for a talented and experienced engineer to help us build scalable, secure, and efficient services that will power new ways customers will interact with AI. Your role would be to dive deep on customer issues and fully understand the scalability, reliability, and efficiency blockers within the services we provide.
• Dive deep into global-scale service issues and drive resiliency, latency, and product reliability
• Work 1:1 with customers to understand and resolve complex issues
• Participate in all stages of product design and development, conceptual design, visual design language and motion personality, input language, UI platform and tools maturity, prototyping and production
• Act as a leader and an architect of the team to design and develop new capabilities of the Bot Framework.
• Champion improvements in the quality and stability of livesite and promote engineering
#BotBuilder #BotFramework #AzureBotService #ConversationalAI #Conversational
• Experience building a scalable, geo-distributed high availability service
• Enthusiasm for conversational user interfaces, contemporary web and responsive design concepts, bots and bot development tools
• Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and efficiently collaborate with partners to deliver outstanding results
• Attention to details and passion for high quality software
• Problem solving, creativity, and communication skills
• Passion for quality, innovation, and world-class design
• Required 3+ years building complex, high-scale software
• Preferred 10+ years building complex, high-scale software
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.