For every hour doctors spend with their patients, they spend two hours on process and clerical tasks. And when they do meet with patients, they spend most of the time glued to their computer. We are EmpowerMD, a product team in Microsoft Healthcare that's building ambient intelligence for the clinic. Our technology will let doctors focus on what they do best: taking care of their patients.
On our team, you'll have opportunities to work with the latest research and technologies in engineering, machine learning and NLP, work closely with doctors, and have a huge societal impact. This is AI for good!
#healthcare #healthai #empowermd #microsoft #ai #msfthealthcare
As a key member of our mission-focused, multi-disciplinary team, you will:
- Lead, coach, and build a diverse, inclusive, high-performing team where all team members can do their best work
- Help foster the creation of AI-infused cloud services for clinical intelligence products
- Help the team plan and execute technical deliverables ranging from UX & UI, services, data & ML pipelines, data scientist and data annotator productivity tools
- Work closely with our external partners to support the team's mission
- Collaborate closely with teams within Microsoft to leverage the best technology to advance the team's mission
- Bring your curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and passion to deliver on the promise of technology in a difficult, competitive, and exciting vertical
- PhD/MS/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- 10+ years of experience with shipping successful software products and services
- 10+ years of hands-on software engineering experience
- 7+ years managing engineering and data science teams, including significant experience as a leader with a proven track record
- Proven track record of startup / incubation / v1 environments
- Proven people management excellence with the ability to build cohesive, high performing and healthy teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to influence, drive collaboration with our external partners and within Microsoft
- Experience with ML, NLP, and/or speech technologies
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams and across organizational boundaries
- Self-driven and able to lead in a fast-paced environment
- Deep familiarity with Agile methodologies, OKRs, etc.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Health technology
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.