Microsoft is a leader in design of world-class devices. Come join the dynamic Microsoft Systems Architecture team. We are looking for a world-class Senior Architect
with responsibility and experience in network engineering. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who will thrive in this highly technical environment, that has a broad skillset, works collaboratively with individuals across many disciplines, and helps design future data centers and products that are reshaping the future of computing.
Your job responsibility will include overseeing projects that will feed innovation in future data centers. You will implement networking topologies and traffic management concepts in networking test clusters to provide guidance to other technical design teams so that next-generation Microsoft data center architectures can be optimized for their workloads. Your contributions will help define the hardware and software approach that Microsoft takes in our data centers to enable us to leapfrog our competition. This position requires general electrical engineering knowledge and the position will broaden to include other design work in addition to network architecture development.
- Broad electrical engineering skills with experience in network engineering
- Technical understanding of and experience with network-related protocols and technologies, including some or all of the following:
- Networking / routing protocols
- Networking topologies
- Network switches
- Congestion management
- Data center architecture
- Knowledge of networking hardware and working knowledge of software that implements the above
- Experience deploying and testing network prototype concepts on test clusters preferred
- Experience defining, collecting, and analyzing network telemetry data a plus
- Knowledge of FPGA development and deployment within a network environment a plus
- Experience developing and testing custom network topologies, network protocols, and congestion management schemes a plus
- 7+ years of experience in electrical engineering system architecture, data center architecture, networking protocols and technologies
- Experience in Systems Engineering for multi-disciplinary products a plus
- Proven track record of successful project management
- Demonstrated ability to understand and perform requirements flowdown from the product level to the subsystem level
- Excellent communication skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Network Engineering, or closely-related field
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.