Microsoft Teams is the new chat-based application in Office 365. It's a hub for teamwork, giving teams instant access to everything they need right in Office 365. Microsoft Teams is the canvas that keeps all your content, tools, people, and conversations together in one place. It is the fastest growing product in Microsoft's history
and we're on course to disrupt the team collaboration space.
In the Core Services team, you will be leading Tier 0 services that are resilient,highly available, highly scalable services
and that leverage state of the art technologies
to meet the needs of an ever-growing user base. This is a unique opportunity to hone your system design skills, and your exposure to cutting edge technology stack (.NET Core, ASP.NET Core, Service Fabric, Redis) and application architecture skills offering E2E ownership and broad scope to have a huge impact.
- Lead a team that runs large scale Tier 0 services that power Microsoft Teams
- Own design, development and dev ops of Tier 0 Teams Services to ensure high availability, scalability and resiliency
- Architect Teams' microservices for the best performance, operational and COGS efficiencies
- Design, build and advocate reusable libraries of services best practices
- Lead live site/dev ops engineering for services you own with top notch monitoring, dashboards, and TSGs
- Mentor and grow an energetic, diverse, and driven team with a good mix of talent across levels
- 10+ years of C# and .Net or equivalent software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in leading an engineering team
- Strong analytical and problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience working on large scale distributed systems
- Excellent cross group collaboration, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Passion in designing and building very large-scale distributed systems
- Experience working with Service Fabric or Kubernetes a plus
- Experience working with M365 components like AAD, Exchange, Substrate, SharePoint a plus
- Drive to improve performance, availability and supportability of services
- Drive to increase efficiencies through automation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. #MicrosoftTeamsDev