Supporting our Microsoft customers in the cloud is undergoing a significant transformation as new services and technologies push the limits of distributed computing. We are looking for an experienced support leader to lead, shape and design the future state of customer support with services covering IOT, Intelligent Edge, and Azure ARC to successfully build and grow technical support to our largest and most strategic customers.
This role will be heavily involved in managing our current complex services such Azure Kubernetes, Azure Stack, and other emerging services that are leading the way in pushing our support boundaries beyond the cloud. Deep partnership will be required with Azure Engineering teams in designing the support requirements for these services and aligning it to a strategy that includes the transformation of the support workforce to be prepared for the future.
To be successful in this role, you will be truly customer obsessed, have strong operational focus and deep technical skills as well as the ability to partner with field support and sales teams, engineering groups, and other internal Microsoft organizations at the senior leadership level. You will attract and retain top technical talent and ensure that they are always ready to engage with our top customers on their most critical and complex solutions.
This position has regional responsibilities and will reside in Sammamish WA.
• Lead the Azure Core Management Business to deliver world-class support with a customer obsessed team of deeply technical and highly motivated support engineers
• Effectively partner across our global organization to achieve company priorities and delight customers who need support across the entire range of Azure services
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key technical and business leaders within the Azure Engineering Group to accelerate customer issue resolution and represent the voice of our most strategic customers
Description of Role/Responsibility:
• Provide global leadership and coordination in Customer Feedback, Hiring, Readiness, and collaboration with Azure Engineering
• Ensure an effective workflow and feedback loop exists with your global peers to drive performance including closure on common process breakdowns as seen worldwide.
• Assist with global escalation of issues connecting with customers as needed to show Microsoft commitment.
• Develop, execute, and sustain mechanisms to drive positive customer service engagement and experiences.
• Accountable for operational and business review scorecards and reporting to drive performance.
• Drive stakeholder engagement with Azure Engineering
• Identify both internal and customer facing tooling and documentation gaps
• Manage a team of 200+ technical support engineers and their managers globally
• Customer and Partner Experience (CPE) for Support Incident and Critical Situation (CritSit) cases
• Employee Satisfaction, Professional and Technical Readiness and Performance
• Feedback from Field and Key Stakeholders on effectiveness and quality of Engagement
• Performance and stability of key operational metrics such as NSAT and Initial Response
- At least 8 years of related experience in a Global Technical Support Center or customer service industry, product support, technical support, IT Admin support, consulting, systems or product development.
- At least 4 years experience as a Manager of Managers or equivalent.
- Knowledge managing in a Cloud/Services environmentProven communication skills at the executive level internally and externally
- Proven track record in the management of global service delivery operations
- Strong technical background in Enterprise technologies and cloud services
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, management, business, or related field or 4 years work experience
Other skills and Competencies
- Communication: Represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate and internal customers via telephone, email, or other electronic means, regarding technically complex issues with Microsoft software products. Be able to logically and accurate communicate to various levels (Engineers to Business Owner and Executive). Lead and recovery situations with customers.
- Customer focus: Ability to put customer first, lead and prioritize work to deliver great customer experiences. Maintains focus on the customer experience when balancing short- and long-term decisions.
- Collaboration: Communicates with individuals from other teams or organizations and listens carefully to how they perceive mutual issues or opportunities
- Influence for impact: Listens for the priorities and concerns of others and acknowledges differing perspectives.
- Adaptability: Actively seeks information and tests assumptions; shifts his or her approach in response to the demands of a changing situation.
- Judgment: Scopes problems by identifying key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes.
- Creative Problem Solving: Solves abstract problems by considering the environment and applying original thought.
- Drive for results: Sets clear and challenging goals for a portfolio of work, and pursues them with enthusiasm and passion
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.