Are you passionate about developing innovative technologies? The Cryogenic Computing team is chartered to develop technologies and systems necessary to enable practical Quantum Computing as part of Microsoft's mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are building the future today, and the team needs your insight and creativity!
In this role you will work to develop and maintain new cryo test platforms for quantum computing.
- Design and build equipment for electrical testing of devices at cryogenic temperatures
- Maintain and increase efficiency of existing cryogenic hardware
- Work with experienced test and product engineers to integrate cryo test fixtures into our standard test flow
- Establish quantum measurement systems and integrate new components coming from other labs into a comprehensive, scalable system
- BS or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related field
- 5+ years with Cryogenic systems
- Experience with liquid Helium
- Hands on assembly and fabrication
- Experience with Solid Works or other similar CAD tools
- Self-driven, results-oriented, organized individual
- Excellent Teamwork, communication and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of pulse tube cryo systems is a plus
Microsoft Background Check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Posting ID: 552786629Posted: 2020-05-21