The CHIE (Cloud Hardware Infrastructure and Engineering) team in the C+AI (Cloud and AI) division is responsible for development engineering and live site support for all server and storage infrastructure deployed across Microsoft's global fleet of data centers hosting our cloud services such as Azure, Bing, O365, Xbox and more.
This Principal PM Manager role leading the Compute and Storage Technical PM team will play a pivotal role in hardware and software development and delivery for key Azure technologies that significantly impact the performance and operational efficiency of our critical cloud services. This candidate will collaborate with both internal Microsoft teams and external suppliers (OEMs/ODMs, CPU, and others) to drive delivery of compute and storage solutions for the Azure hardware infrastructure. If you are an experienced PM leader with experience building high-performing, diverse teams and a broad background in enterprise data center compute technologies and a desire to work with some of the world's most talented engineers to deliver the hardware that drives the Cloud, then this is the opportunity for you!
Job responsibilities include:
- Fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion and collaboration within the PM team and with Engineering teams.
- Own delivering the long-term Cloud hardware products that support the diverse array of compute and storage services offered within Azure.
- Define and measure KPIs and OKRs and timelines to support the product roadmap.
- Drive the end to end development and qualification of cloud server and storage products necessary for successful deployment of innovative hardware technologies the Cloud is built upon.
- Applying rigorous program management discipline to ensure definition of product solutions that meet key performance and availability metrics; can be executed on-schedule within cost targets; and deliver the quality Microsoft customers expect.
- Continuously seek innovation in both processes and technologies to reduce hardware and operational costs while delivering new features for our Cloud services.
- Understand rapidly evolving requirements for cloud services and datacenters and apply that knowledge to the development of long-term hardware roadmaps.
Inspire and developing a top-notch PM team to deliver on the Microsoft Cloud infrastructure vision.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A growth mindset with a focus on continual learning
- A passion for building world class teams with a strong focus on all aspects of diversity and developing talent
- The ability to effectively engage and build relationships with customers and partners and understand their priorities
- The skills to establish a strong working relationship with engineering at the leadership and individual contributor levels
- A no-compromises attitude towards delivering high quality solutions
- A broad understanding of the data center compute and storage server hardware ecosystem at Cloud scale
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization from deeply technical, detail-oriented engineers to senior leadership with the ability to establish credibility to influence at all levels
- A BS or MS degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.