Join Microsoft FUSE Labs in building Bot Framework, Microsoft's platform for building conversational AI and connecting with users on Skype, Facebook Messenger, Office 365 mail, Microsoft Teams, and more. FUSE Labs is an agile cross-discipline team with projects in social, search+graph, and conversation-driven experiences. Our background is in bringing deep product and service experience to new problems in order to create high-scale, high-impact products. Our team values clean architectures, close customer engagements, and a culture of enthusiasm and positivity.
Bot Framework is our most recent product and has become the nexus for the company's Conversation as a Platform (CaaP) initiative. We build the tools and services that enable developers to integrate AI capabilities into their software. Were involved in every part of the developer and user experience: we operate the Bot Framework developer portal (https://dev.botframework.com) the entry point to all Bot Framework channels; we define the conversational protocols and libraries used by Cortana, Skype, Teams, Bing.com, and more; we operate services that handle hundreds of millions of requests per day; we build the SDK that developers use to build bots; we build a hosting platform for running bots on Azure; we ship our own conversational Web Chat UX and shape the card formats used in Teams, Cortana, and others. Our team works predominantly in C# and .Net and builds on Azure technologies like Web Apps and Redis. Our Bot Builder SDK is maintained entirely as open source on GitHub. We spend our time building high-volume services on the best technology available from Microsoft and the open-source community.
We're looking for an experienced engineer to expand our core service capabilities and create new ways that bot developers can integrate with Microsoft and non-Microsoft conversational channels. You will be working with expert colleagues on projects that will require you to build scalable, secure, and efficient services that will power new ways customers will interact with AI.
• Building services to make it easy for bots to be used across a variety of platforms
• Contribute technical expertise throughout all stages of product design and development, conceptual design, visual design language and motion personality, input language, UI platform and tools maturity, prototyping and production
• Consistent execution and delivery of services, tools, and documentation to solve real customer problems
• Bachelor's in computer science (or 4+ years' related IT work experience)
• 3+ years of software and/or services development and product delivery experience
• 3+ years in at least in one of the following: C#/.Net, Java, C++
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for conversational user interfaces, contemporary web and responsive design concepts, social media, bots and bot development tools
• Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and efficiently collaborate with partners to deliver outstanding results
• Solid object-oriented design, critical thinking, software debugging, and problem-solving skills
• Attention to details and passion for high quality software
• Ability to create and assess solutions based on user goals and key scenarios
• Problem solving, creativity, and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross functionally with other teams (Engineering, Research, Program Management & Marketing)
• Strong collaboration influencing skills, proven ability to lead and inspire
• An ability to work through ambiguity and multiple priorities
• Have a passion for quality, innovation, and world-class design
• Experience with working with independent software developers and building developer ecosystems
• Experience with IVR systems or natural language systems is a plus
#BotBuilder #BotFramework #AzureBotService #ConversationalAI #Conversational
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.