The Azure Sphere Lifecycle team is looking for a Senior Program Manager to help build the IoT Operating System of the Future (and now!). This team is focused on the application's execution cycle within Azure Sphere Operating System. This includes application/OS deployment, application/OS update, application/OS startup/shutdown and other lifecycle events. The PM for this team will dive deep into the OS and help plan, gather requirements, prioritize, define functionality, and drive execution. It is a role that requires excellence in strategic/technical thinking and cross-team interactions across engineering, with key stakeholders, product planning, and customers. Key characteristics of a PM for this role include being a strong collaborator who can build relationships through trust, design software fearlessly, and engage intentionally with kindness and inclusivity.
Billions of MCU based devices are shipped every year, and the Azure Sphere team is building a turnkey secure platform (Silicon, OS, and Services) for the Internet of things. Thousands of businesses are undergoing a digital transformation to MCU based devices, and Azure Sphere will safeguard that future! Our team members have unparalleled opportunity to rapidly learn new skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies. To learn more about this exciting new project, please visit www.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-sphere.
- Establish goals, gather requirements, set clear expectations, prioritize, and follow through to completion within a cross-functional team.
- Create strategic roadmaps for the lifecycle team within the Azure Sphere Operating System.
- Negotiate between engineering, product planning, and customers to build a short and long-term roadmap.
- Define exit criteria and validate end-to-end scenarios related to product functionality.
- 2+ years of experience in Program Management or similar role.
- BA/BS or MS Degree in a technical field, Informatics, or 4+ years equivalent experience.
- Experience with IoT and/or OS/firmware/embedded development.
- Experience managing the full range of software development methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.
- Ability to lead through ambiguity while partnering across organizations.
- Ability to come up-to-speed quickly on a new technical domain.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.