Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation organization (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As the Senior Manager, DC Operations Center
you will perform a key role in how we deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, Office 365, XBOX, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and Data Center optimization at the forefront of our Data Center design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of Microsoft's Global Data Center Operations Group.
Supporting Microsoft's Data Center fleet is the DC Operations Center. You will lead the DC Operations Center in monitoring IT and critical environments alert telemetry and responding to engagements from both our internal engineering groups and external DC partners worldwide. Your responsibilities will include setting standards for global triage, resource engagement, and playing multiple supporting roles for Service Operations functions in the field. You will lead both the strategy and continued transformation of the DC Operations Center, focused on our service catalog and supporting the ever-changing demands and growth of our global DC fleet.Responsibilities:
- Leading floor operations, service desk, global triage, facility capabilities, and overall operations throughout the DC Operations Center.
- Ensuring your established vendor agreements are met, including performance against contract obligations (KPIs/SLAs), service improvement plans (SIPs) and manage the relationship with your suppliers.
- Drive standards and automation in all areas of the service catalog.
- Drive strategy towards a single engagement point with partners both internal and external.
- Serving as a key stakeholder in tooling discussions/requirements representing overall needs of the Operations Center.
- Driving strategy and onboarding for alerts and telemetry of the data center fleet.
- Lead a culture of accountability & quality through your organization via KPI measurements, data reporting, and service alignment.
- Own our physical space transformation, establishing facility standards and defining supporting systems and technology inside the Operations Center including:
- Cardkey and Access
- Heads up displays and AV technology
- War Room/Conference Room global interconnects
- IVR standards and implementation
- Console and seating design/standards
- Manage our supporting services portfolio, including support for incident management, change management, and other such supporting functions. (Includes call bridge management and other logistics where needed)
- Partnering with other functional leaders and Service Operations Centers across Microsoft, ensuring strong partnerships around end to end processes between teams.
- Drive global communications strategies for both internal and external partner teams.
- At least seven years' relevant experience in IT Operations, Data Center, or Critical Environments leadership in a 24x7 production environment
- At least five years' experience in an IT Operations Center, IT Contact/Call center, or equivalent experience
- Flexibility to support a 24x7 global operation via off-hours support, on-call availability, or other as needed per rhythm and needs of the business
- BS/BA in Computer Science, math, telecommunications, or equivalent education or experience
- Dynamic and team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic
- Working knowledge of ITIL foundation components
- Background in PMP and Six Sigma process improvement methodologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience presenting to executive-level audiences
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical thinking, quantitative and analytical skills, while under pressure.
- Understanding and knowledge of physical datacenters and their related infrastructure or resources such as power, rack space, CE Infrastructures (e.g. UPS, Generators, AHU) etc.
- Ability to balance competing demands for resources and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent problem resolution, judgment, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures such as Enterprise Server Platforms and related IT architectures and equipment
Posting ID: 552786710Posted: 2020-05-21